Saturday 16 March 2013

NOTW - Kit 'Big Bang' with Australis 'Glitter Strikes Back'




This weeks nail of the week is from 2 great Australian brands with Kit - Big Bang, and a glitter top coat of Australis - Glitter Strikes Back.

I must say that I tend to steer away from purple generally as I picked it as my "one colour to hate" a million years ago and never looked back, silly I know... until recently. My friend had this colour at her house and I fell in love instantly! The brightness hooked me in, and it is such an interesting shade I ended up borrowing it from my friend and wearing it. Lucky for me, I have great friends and she got it for me as a present a month later. ^_^


This Kit 'Big Bang' nail polish, like all others I've reviewed previously has a perfect strong pigment, is easy to apply, and lasts well (these photos were taken after the polish had been on my nails for a week, so I apologise for the small chips!). The actual colour is kind of hard to capture, I think it's a little brighter than it looks on here in reality.

The Australis 'Glitter Strikes Back' nail polish is a mix of small round gold and purple and large hexagonal gold. It was the first nail polish of theirs that I've tried since their re-vamp of the brand (which I'm LOVING... so many great colours I want/need!) and I'm really impressed. I saw it in Priceline and couldn't resist buying it then and there. 

It was quite easy to apply an even coat of the glitter, and it lays flat on your nail really well so you don't have chunky glitter catching on your clothes etc. I used a top coat of Seche Vite to smooth it all out and last a little longer. This glitter would pop even more on another coloured base coat I think because some of the purple glitter colours blended into the purple of the base. The gold looked amazing though!

You can purchase Kit's 'Big Bang' from your nearest Kit store for $15.95, or you can also buy them online here or check for your nearest Kit store online hereI purchased the Australis glitter nail polish 'Glitter Strikes Back' from Priceline for $7.95 and you can also see their range and order online here.

Have you tried any of the new Australis glitters? What's your favourite glitter and base coat combination? x

11 comments:

  1. I have a multi coloured glitter polish from Australis, But I am yet to find the perfect base coat. You combination looks great. I really like it ! I am yet to try any Kit polishes yet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say sometimes if you should go for a neutral base with coloured glitters or match it to something in the glitter I think! Hope you found something you liked though cos I love glitter nails. :)
      Definitely give the Kit nail polish a try if you can, they're always great!

      x

      Delete
  2. These nails are SO much fun! Can't wait to see what you do next! I am now following you with GFC and would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : I have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat a glitter nail for fun right? I loved this combination too!
      Just started following your blog too! x

      Delete
  3. Omg this colour is fab!


    Now following your blog on GFC!

    Be great if you could check my latest posts out and follow back :)

    Lily Lulu Leather Laser Cut Dress

    it's all about Neon blue this SS13

    Thanks :) Charlie UK Fashion Blog | Lurch Hound Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bianka,

    I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young woman towards today's luxury brands ads, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would be of much much help :)
    Here the link of my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RVY9Z33
    Thank you!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't tried any yet, need to though. Fantastic blog, we love your reviews, maybe you could try our products sometime!
    P.S. Our competition to win a cosmetics mini-kit is ending this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glitter Strikes back is such a great polish, I love the look of it atop a purple shade! I adore the Kit formulations as well, great brand of polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the new Australis glitters! This one is definitely a favourite. Glad you share my mutual love for Kit polishes too! I want them all! Haha x

      Delete
  7. where can I purchase it?
    this nail lacquer looks very unique.

    ReplyDelete