Monday 28 May 2012

Tried and loved - Clinique - Superbalm moisturising gloss - 01 Apricot




If I had to name my number one lip gloss at the moment for every day use, it would be this. Big call I know! But it ticks the box for me in every lip gloss / lip balm category. 

The Clinique Superbalm Moisturising gloss is a non scented, ever so slightly pigmented gloss that comes in 8 shades. Clinique describe the gloss as "lip balm with a colourful twist. Gorgeous colours treat your most undermoisturised skin to helpings of soothing shine. Instantly relieve dryness, protect with antioxidants and more. Dip in." And I would agree that that's a perfect description of the product. 

What I love most about this lip gloss is that I can put it on my lips when they're dry to the point that they're cracking, and this will almost instantly heal them, leaving them smooth and succulent once again. I find this is where a lot of other lip glosses can fall short, which is why I hold this gloss so close to my heart - literally, I take it everywhere! 

The gloss is high shine, lasts for hours at a time, and is a little sticky, but thick enough to not be a messy gloss that will slip off your lips. It allows me to fulfil my terrible habit of rubbing my lips together, without any friction on my lips and without pulling at my skin - just another reason it's a perfect fit for me. 

I have the shade Apricot 01 and I chose this because I really wanted a barely there colour. This doesn't seem to change the colour of my lips much at all as it's quite sheer and almost the same colour as my lips anyway, but it does even out the colour and give a nice gloss look. This was what I wanted when choosing my colour as I wanted something I could wear everyday, especially in the office. If you're wanting a bit more noticeable colour then maybe try one of the shades like Raspberry or Currant. Or just check out the testers in a local stockist if you can. In my experience they are all quite sheer though which is another reason I really like this gloss. 

The Clinique - Superbalm Moisurising Gloss can be found in major department stores Myer, and David Jones, as well as specialty stockists like some chemists in Australia. Find your nearest stockist on the Clinique website here, or you can order online from the Clinique Australia website. :)

Have you tried the Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss? What is your all time favourite lip gloss? x


No comments:

Post a Comment